Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Struggle Within

My heart skipped a beat today after reading Jacob's school newsletter. Our church voted to have all-day kindergarten with option for sending children for a 1/2 day.

I've been dreading this since the moment I had a baby. Sending him away for someone else to guide and raise. Its bad enough it will be 5 days a week, but ALL day?

Quite honestly, he's the youngest of his class of eleven being born in May. I think physically he could keep up in the kindergarten curriculum, but emotionally he's probably lagging from the other kids. Most of the kids were 5 by the time November hit. He's 6 months to 9 months younger than most of his classmates.

I have a parent-teacher conference this week with his pre-school teacher who will also be his kindergarten teacher. I guess we'll discuss it then.




No comments: