Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Regrets Only...

I don't have many regrets in my life. But in regards to my children, there are a few BIG ones.

1) I wish I would have tried harder to breastfeed the babies instead of just pumping. I realize that they got the great nutrition, but we missed the great bonding moment. I breastfed Jacob and it was such a great experience (so I can compare the experiences).
On the other hand, I did what I had to do to survive the early months and this is what worked.

2) I wish that I had more time with Jacob. I think he plays well on his own, LOVES the babies and loves to play with them. But we went from 100% Jacob to probably 10-15 % Jacob. He gets the short end of the stick a lot. (Whatever that saying is) I try to play with him when the babies go to sleep for naps or for the night, but that is also my cleaning up time.

3) I wish I had enjoyed the babies more when they were infants. I think I was just too overwhelmed by taking care of three infants that HAD to be fed every 3 hours and HAD to get their medicines exactly at the same time and everything else that was so repetitive... That I, myself, didn't have the time to just sit and hold them. Luckily, friends and family did that for me...

4) I wish I had slept more when I was pregnant and on bedrest instead of trying to get everything done before they were born. Napping is such a luxury...




No comments: