Friday, January 11, 2008

Shoveler for Hire


This morning I woke up to the sound of heavy boots going up and down the stairs. Jacob had gotten up before me and saw that it had snowed. He got himself ready. He put a t-shirt on, left his pajama bottoms on, put a hat, scarf, two different colored mittens, his boots and his coats on and was ready to go outside to shovel.

Scott told him he had to wait until I got out of bed to go outside so I could watch him from inside. Well, I got out of bed and saw him ready to go and told him to go outside. He was outside for a whole hour shoveling the driveway and sidewalk. I came out to help him for a little while and when I went back in, he thanked me for helping him.

Sometimes I under appreciate my son. He is such a great helper. I'm very lucky God gave him to me.

However, I am willing to hire him out to others as long as you supervise and make sure he doesn't go to closely by the road. He will even bring his own shovel. Payment can be wired to his T Rowe Price bank account for high school and college.

Another change in luck for me! The whole family has to switch doctors because we switched to Network insurance this year. My OBGYN's nurse called me when she got my request and said that as of 1/1/08, Dr. Acosta takes Network too. YIPPEE! I'd really like to keep the people that have intimate knowledge of me down to a select few. So I'm really happy I don't have to switch!

No comments: