Friday, January 4, 2008

Bathing experiments part II

I think my cold has passed on to John. He's got a fever of 101.1 So I gave him some Tylenol and an hour later it was down to 100.6 He's in a good mood, but just a little more cuddly than usual. Which means he's a monkey's baby (facing in, arms and legs wrapped around midsection of mama).



Matthew didn't take a nap today. He screamed and screamed when I put him down. So I rocked him to sleep and then put him down and he did the same thing again. Then I tried putting him down a couple of hours later... with the same results.



So, I'm hoping its going to be an earlier bedtime tonight for ALL my kids and so Scott and I can get some stuff cleaned up. O.K. probably Scott will do more than me. I'm pretty wiped out because my head feels like a block of cement. But Together Everyone Achieves More!



Since my post a few weeks ago, I've been feeling a little guilty about not giving the babies playing time in the bathtub. So I've increased that time from about 2 minutes to 5 to 7. It gives them time to play with their new bath toys (thanks to Cindy, Matthew's Godmother). They love to take those alphabet foam letters and put them on the wall and off and in their mouth and out. John tries to drown the wind-up floating giraffe. Matthew isn't interested in the wind up toys and Brooke just holds them in her hands and then tries to put them back into the netting.

Another interest bath observation is that Matthew must be really, really thirsty when he's bathing because he stands up and licks the bathtub walls. Which right away make me think that I need to clean them more often. He's the most content to sit and play in the bathtub.
On the other side of the spectrum is my little Johnny. If you pour water on him or over his head he flips out and starts wiggling and standing up and giggling and is out of control. So he's basically a slippery moving target to try and get clean.










No comments: