Sunday, August 17, 2008

Septuplets?

I cannot believe that this Egyptian woman carried seven children to her eight month of pregnancy AND they weighed between 3 to 6 lbs. My kids were 13 pounds total!

I'm glad that it seems that they are all healthy, but this woman already had three children and was 27. She took fertility drugs because she had three girls and wanted to conceive a boy.

That doesn't seem like that is the right reason for taking fertility drugs. I'm hoping that the doctors who prescribe these drugs do so because the patient has not conceived after awhile of trying.

Maybe the papers or news are spinning it their own way to make it more sellable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080816/ap_on_re_mi_ea/egypt_septuplets

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

I saw this earlier and couldn't believe how LONG she arried them! INSANE! Talk about super uterus! HOLY cow!

I agree. It's crazy about the fertility drugs. but, it's another country, so who the heck knows if their docs even have ethics.