Saturday, August 30, 2008

Eyes wide open

I went to Walmart tonight at 10:00 p.m. after Scott got home from fishing to get some different allergy medicine for Jacob. Allergies are kicking his butt. His eyes are always itching, his nose is itchy and he's sneezing. Claritin isn't working so we're trying Children's Zyrtec. And the pharmacist recommended some eye drops. Good luck to me to get those babies in his eyes.

So I'm there shopping and I cannot believe how many people have their little, LITTLE children there with them. I probably saw five or six families with children three and under out shopping. I realize some families work the second shift and may adjust their schedule accordingly. But these little ones and even the school age children have to get up for school. Lack of sleep is devastating for children for learning and even their behavior.

2 comments:

Elyse said...

I usually see lots of kiddos out past 7pm and when I do shop after
9pm, I am shocked when school aged kiddos are out.

Hope Jacob feels better soon. Allergies here are in FULL SWING too!
~Elyse~

debi9kids said...

My husband and I comment about this all the time. I am always amazed at how many people take their little little ones out late at night. CRAZY!