Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Go away NUKs

I'm really serious this time. I think I'm really, REALLY, going to take away the NUKS this time. I've been making excuses. I want it to be easy and not really painful for me or them (I guess). O.K. I really don't want to hear the whining and crying. But interestingly enough, they don't wake up at night as much as they used to looking for their NUKS. So I think they use them to fall asleep and then when they wake up in the morning.

They all have slight colds right now. Or it could be allergies since Scott, Jacob and I are getting our behinds kicked by the itchy, runny stuff.

I'm debating on having a talk with them (Brooke and John) and having them throw their NUKS away themselves or just cutting the tips off and letting them have them. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of this and it won't be. But John is very attached to his NUK and I think I'm going to rock his world. Its like taking away his right hand. I think Brooke is ready to give it up, but I haven't pushed it since John still has his.

Today was a really nice cool and breezy day outside. Cool is relative, I guess. It was in the 70s and not humid and in the 80s. Brooke really is practicing her peddling on her tricycle. Its just amazing watching her peddle around because Jacob didn't do that until he was 4. And the other two boys really don't get the going around in circles with their legs. Its just another sign of independence.

1 comment:

~ Kamie ~ said...

A friend of mine on-line just took hers from her son. She had him give the nuk to the postman to take to another baby who could use it. I thought that was a cute idea. Hope it goes well!

Evelyn was upset at me on Monday when I stopped nursing all together (actually Sunday but I dissappeared and made James give them their cups). She was throwing the cup at me and pushing away. :( She's doing oK today though. She keeps pulling down my shirt though.

Anyhow good luck!