Sunday, August 31, 2008

Aaaachooooo!

There has been a lot of sneezing at our house. And itchy noses. And stuffy noses. And itchy eyes. Jacob looks horrible. His eyes are swollen that I don't think he can open them fully. He's got bags under his eyes. I'll have to post a picture when our main computer is back up and running. He looks like a different boy.

I talked to the pharmacist and we switched from Claritin to Children's Zyrtec and I got him some antihistamine eye drops AND Sudafed AND benadryl. His sinuses are stuffy he cannot breathe out of his nose well and he keeps sniffling - constantly. Its really annoying. Scott told him that Mrs. Micheel would not like him to do that at school because its disturbing others. So Jacob is willingly taking medicine.

Jacob and Scott and Grandpa Callaway went to the hunting lands today and did whatever they do at hunting lands. I played outside with the kids for a little while and then we came inside and I got out these different shaped and colored blocks. Interest lasted for a short period of time. When nap time came around, Brooke took a supershort nap, John didn't nap at all and Matthew took a nice long nap. So John and Brooke went to bed at 7:30 p.m. and there was not a peep out of them. Matthew went to bed at 8 p.m. because I wanted to get a jumpstart on sewing.

I'm making a baby blanket for my step-niece who is having a baby in 3 weeks. I probably should get it done just in case the baby is early. And now I'm making burp cloths in different colors and textures to give as gifts and maybe make a few bucks on etsy or some event.

Scott has been filling cracks. Doesn't that sound funny? He's been filling blacktop and cement cracks as he's going to resurface the blacktop tomorrow. So the babies can't go out in the front yard for the whole day. Backyard only. We filled up the pool tonight and all four played in the water for quite awhile until you could see visable shaking on the younger ones, so we went in for a bath.

Happy Labor Day. Whatever that means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Susan Carey and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zyrtec.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Zyrtec for 5 days now. The five times I took this medicine i felt extreme anxiety, depressed, and wild moodiness. I don't commonly feel any of these symptoms. It was really awful. It wasn't until I looked online and saw other people saying the same sort of things that I concluded it was this medicine.

I have experienced some of these side effects –
anxiety, depression, and mood swings

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Susan Carey