Sunday, December 23, 2007

Whats that?

Did you ever play the what's that game? You're in the refrigerator looking for the block cheese. You shove some food around and behind the Yogurt sticks you find this wrapped thing. Its in a Ziploc bag, so its smell has been preserved, but its turning colors. Morbid curiosity tells you to open the bag - smell what it is - but you resist. If you do open it, you'll probably gag and not want to eat the block cheese then.
The babies are into the "What's that" game, or when their NUKs in their mouth it sounds like, "Whaathaaa?" But its clearly a question. They have learned to raise their voices an octave at the end of a sentence to portray their never ending thirst for knowledge. We can look at the same book 100 times and I still get the same question. Page 1 of I SPY Christmas. "Whaathaa?" And I say, a bunny. They point to the next object and I say an angel. Next page, more pointing again, "Whaaathaaa?" What was it the last 100 times you asked? I think it was an apple! So now I've turned the tables on them! I ask them what the objects are. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Repetition is the way they learned. Then they should be potty trained by now.
Some cheery thoughts...
Jacob is 4 1/2 years old. The babies are 20 months.
We have probably gone through about 16,000 diapers with four children.
The babies drink about 25 to 27 gallons of whole milk a month, along with Jacob and mom's chocolate milk and 1% milk consumption of probably 8 to 10 gallons a month
I have given apprx 670 baths to the babies and 700 to Jacob. However, Scott and I have split Jacob's bath duties for awhile.
I say, "No" appx 65 times a day - to each child, and "do you need a kleenex" appx 10 times a day.

Happy Anniversary to my kitty cat Cosmo. I got her as a Christmas present 7 years ago today. She was about 6 months old and a beautiful little farm cat. I wish we could clone her...

No comments: