Sunday, December 23, 2007

Shriek - the sleepless chronicles

Last night, I stayed up late watching The 40 year old Virgin. I probably went to bed around 11:30, but wanted to finish the movie. Its a good movie, very funny and I can't believe some of the things that came out of their mouths!

So, I go to bed late and just as I'm falling asleep, John cries out. John is really good about finding his NUK, so he rarely wakes up. I open the door and there he is standing - Ohoh. He has his NUK in his mouth and his eyes are open. I change his diaper, lay him back down, cover him up and walk out. About 10 seconds later, I hear a cry I've never heard. Its a higher pitch shrill shriek that had to wake up the neighbors dog. I've never heard him cry at that intensity. So I know he won't go back to sleep and I go get him. I take him to bed to me and he just clings to me, shaking and shivering from being so upset. Its hard for me to fall asleep with the kids because I have to lay flat on my back and they make me really hot with their body heat. So after dozing for awhile, it seems John has calmed down and I put him back in his crib (and my bladder was full). So I put him back and I'm in the bathroom when I hear the same cry. So, I go get him again and we try sleeping again. I try not to look at the clock at night so I don't know how long I've been up, or how many hours of sleep I'm not getting. We both fell asleep for awhile and I put him back to bed. I know its after two a.m. since Scott is now home from work and that was when his shift ended. So, I'm tired today. And John is still clinging to me like a monkey's baby.

No comments: