Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just give a little bit!

I'm all teary-eyed from reading a friends blog. She's a mother I met through FVMOM. She's got a 13 year old, Karly, that has a rare form of ovarian cancer. One in 80,000,000 get this type of cancer. That's basically less than 5 people in the good ole' U.S.A. She just got back from chemo at Children's in Milwaukee.
So today, I went and gave blood. I'm hoping to set up a blood drive at Karly's school in February too. I wish I could do more.

I can't imagine what this family is going through. And there are countless others out there that are not really enjoying their christmas. People grieving their loved ones, sickness, unemployment, financial stuff, etc... we really do need to stop whining about the little stuff and count our blessings.

Anyway, I really don't have much to end on. Jacob worked his stars back into the good area. So he may be going fishing again this weekend and also maybe Santa will bring him a little something this year.

No comments: