Friday, December 28, 2007

My little Witness

Well, I just took off my nifty Dain Rauscher hat and my Sorels. I just shoveled part of the driveway so when Scott gets home from working he can park in a clear spot. It was nice to get outside while others are sleeping, or as I can see from my driveway into my next-door neighbors house, watching TV and smoking.

Jacob and I have a lot of meaningful conversations. He asked questions and I usually say, "Because God makes it that way or God gives people talents and abilities to do things." So basically when I don't know something I defer to God. Tonight as I was putting people to bed, he asked, "Is God busy making new people tonight?" I chuckled because all sorts of thoughts were going through my head. But as a parent, I just said, "Yes, he's making new people tonight." It was 8:45 p.m. I'm sure someone was doing something somewhere in the world. If he was a little older, I would have explained that this was the latter part of my usual explanation - God gives people the ability to do things...

(backstory) This summer Jacob was with my brother Jim and his family at some festival. Jacob had to use a port-a-potty. When he came out he asked my brother where the sink was to wash his hands. Jim told him, "Port-a-potties don't have sinks." And Jacob said matter-of-factly, "God just makes them that way." And THAT gave Jim a chuckle.

I may not be the best Witness to the world about my faith, but God gave me four children to mold into great citizens of this world. So far I think I'm doing pretty good.

No comments: