Thursday, March 20, 2008

The DISH conspiracy

I filled out a NCAA March Madness bracket challenge. At the end of the day I have 53 points. It makes it more interesting to watch the games when you have someone to cheer for. Because the "Big Ten" network was only on Dish, I feel like I"m shooting in the dark. It hurts to be punished for having cable. I would think that by carrying certain games only on dish, whether it be basketball or football or golf, that it would hurt sales overall of merchandise. I picked UCLA to beat Wisconsin in the final two.



Today we had old friends stop by with their three children ages 8, 6, and almost 2 and a niece who is 11. They live in Western Wisconsin so we don't get to see them very often at all.

Its one of those relationships that you can start talking and carry on a conversation as if you talk every day.

It hit me as I watched four almost 2 year olds, a 4, 6, 8 and 11 year eating at our table. I remarked to the other couple, "These. (pointing at the table) Are all our kids. Who would have guessed?" I mean, back 10-12 years ago when we were dancing on on tables, doing shots, or out on our boat, we would have never guessed that we'd have seven kids between us.



Now we're yelling at our kids to get off the table instead of dancing on it.


No comments: