Friday, July 11, 2008

In-between the lines

You know how people say that they have it tougher than their parents did? Growing up in these times can be really tough with peer pressures, over-scheduling, inflation, etc...

Well, I found another thing that I can add to that list. Coloring books.

Jacob and I were coloring tonight using small crayons and I pulled out this coloring book that there was no way I could color in between the lines because it was so complicated and detailed. Whatever happened making kids feel good about themselves when they accomplish something? I've run into more coloring books that are so detailed and not simple that its really hard to stay within the lines.
I didn't have a sharpener with me and I could not stay in the lines. No wonder kids these days have self-esteem issues.

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

Very interesting point & you are Right! My kids have a bunch of very detailed coloring books. I just never thought about it..