Monday, July 14, 2008

Bubbles anyone?

The thing I put on my wall in last nights post... it proved true today. "Grant me patience to deal with my blessings."
First, there were a lot of tears shed today. Not by me though. By all four kids. Jacob didn't want to go to swimming lessons, he didn't want to go to VBS, he didn't want to come home from Katie and Sam's house. He wanted band-aids on about eight different scrapes.
Brooke was picking on the boys, literally. She was pulling them around by their shirts, pulling their hair, she was a meanie today.
And THEN, THEN!!!!

No one took naps today. The three monkeys just jumped up and down in their cribs, they unzipped each others crib tents. Brooke gave all her blankets to Matthew. John horded all the nuks. He actually stacked about eight of them together and was playing with them.

So needless to say, it was a difficult day until they went to bed. I cuddled with Matthew after I put Brooke and John to bed and he fell asleep before his head hit my shoulder. They were all in bed by 7:30 - an hour earlier than usual. Oh, I should say that after I picked Jacob up from my brothers, Brooke did fall asleep in the car and then she took a nap until 5:30 and STILL went to bed at 7:30 without a fight.

Then I went outside and Jacob had the bubble machine going and I just sat and drank my margarita. It was one of THOSE moments. Those moments where everything is perfect and still in the world and you know the reason why you're at the place you are at. Doesn't happen that often, but most of the time it does happen when I'm with Jacob. Its that feeling that I'm glad that I'm at home with my children and there is no other place I'd rather be. I've only had that feeling once or twice with the babies. Its just because there is so much more chaos with them that I think those moments will happen more as they get older and more civilized.

1 comment:

Elyse said...

You are one amazing mama!!! There are some of those moments. Hang in there!
~Elyse~