Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Where's the mute button?

Today was a whirlwind of activity.


The kids can mess up rooms faster than I can clean them up. Sometimes when I'm picking up toys and putting them in a box, John will come and help me. I heep praise on him and then Brooke comes over to help. Not Matthew though, he just keeps playing and doing his thing. Of course Jacob is the BEST helper, but he can also be the one who wins the award for really messing up stuff.



Today, Shell Dinter and I took all the kids to the Children's Museum or now called The Building for Kids. This was the first time that I had ever been there and barring the potential germ issues, it was a lot of fun.

The museum had a grocery area where we could pretend checkout with groceries, fish and birds, had a lot of educational things with a slide that is really a beating heart, an art area, and most importantly an area for ages 3 and under AND its gated off. Although I think he found the weak spots of the wall and gate area. Maybe next time he'll figure out how to get out.


Then, Matthew fell asleep on the way home because he didn't or wouldn't take a nap today. And of course when he woke up 45 minutes later he was so out-of-sorts that he just cried and cried. If you looked at him he would, literally, break out and cry!



And, although this is a WHOLE different blog, but I limited John and Brooke's Nuks to their cribs today. They did o.k. with it, I had to listen to a little more whining, but it was just whispers compared to the noise Matthew and Jacob were making.



So, I'm really happy tonight when all the kiddos are in bed and there is no noise. Between Jacob's banter ALL DAY LONG and the kids whining, it can be a bit much.



No comments: