Friday, February 22, 2008

Two baths a day is not enough

Each day with children is a different journey. Each day with triplets can be...fun, joyful, exciting, uneventful, busy, hectic, overwhelming, stressful, and just plain work.

I have a new appreciation for everyone who has had a sick child and had to care and comfort that child while taking care of their other children. And basically keeping those other children out of the vomit and runny diapers.

Poor Matthew threw up last night. I went to check on him, but he was already sleeping soundly, but he had thrown up in his crib. So I cleaned it up the best I could and let him sleep. He has not thrown up since then, but hes had very runny diapers. He woke up from his nap and even before I opened the door, I would smell that overwhelming strong-sweet smell of diarrhea.
He was basically covered from head to toe and he needed a bath, his bedding and blankets needed a bath, the changing table needed a bath and my clothing needed a bath. I have clorox wiped almost everything that I touched from his trip down to his crib to the changing table up again to the bathtub. I have washed my hands probably 15 times and I swear I can still smell it on my hands.

I bought the Tide to Go pen today to try on their clothing, but somehow I knew that this was not the time to try this on Matthew's clothing.

On the other hand, Matthew has been playing very nicely today and I'm trying to put in fluids so he stays hydrated. He has eaten a bit today too. Brooke and John broke into the closet where we keep all our shoes, diapers, toys and other miscellaneous things and the parts they could reach were picked bare and scattered all over. I guess I'll go clean that up now.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I was so relieved when the diapers around here no longer had that smell and stopped looking like creamed corn. I have never been so happy to see a poopy diaper in all my life!