Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Perspective

What a day! I'm emotionally exhausted. I belong to FVMOM, a wonderful group of ladies who are in the same boat as me. Its nice to know I'm not alone in this parenting/multiples stuff.

There are a few members who are going through some pretty rough times. My friend Cindy has TWO sets of twins, 5 & 2. I've got a link to her blog on the left side of this page. Her daughter had surgery today for Chiari Malformation. If you click on Cindy's name, it has a link to Michelle's website where she explains what that is.
Cindy called tonight while we were having a meeting to give an update on her daughter Riley. Apparently it was just in the nick of time that Riley had this surgery or she would have been paralyzed. THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING CINDY THE DRIVE TO KEEP GOING AND FINDING THE RIGHT DOCTOR TO HELP RILEY. THANK YOU GOD FOR A SUCCESSFUL SURGERY!
Enough of the caps.
My friend Michelle has a daughter Karly,13, that has ovarian cancer. You can read about it on her blog. Karly is due for her 4th round of chemo next week. On top of this, Michelle and her husband Brian were blessed with twins last year, but sadly one passed away in utero.

I really can't imagine what either of these two families has or is going through. I wish I could help out more. Give them strength, be a shoulder to lean on. If you're reading this, say a prayer for them.
It puts our lives in perspective because really, the little things just are that, little.

No comments: