Thursday, June 26, 2008

A day in the sun

I'm not sure if I just should keep quiet about this weather or complain about the humidity. If I were a Supreme being who controlled the weather, I'd make it about 75 and sunny with a slight breeze out of the the Southwest. No HUMIDITY!

The kids actually like to spend time outside and as long as I have my shade, I can manage. I really don't care to sit in the sun and feel miserable. Not sure if its age, allergies, asthma or what. But sitting in the sun just beats me down. Enough about me.

So, I haven't hit anything while driving in nearly a week, so I think I'm doing pretty good. I also have not fallen down the stairs in about 4 1/2 years so thats probably due again.

The kids are really growing mentally in leaps and bounds. Their coordination, their curiosities, their interests, their jargon. All very fun and exciting. I really think they understand a lot more than they let on, but like to play "baby" yet because I don't make them repeat after me or make them walk and not carry them.

Since John has started the Birth to Three program and has had some occupational therapy and speech therapy I think he has really been coping better. He hasn't bit me out of happiness in about a month. We've introduced him to different types of play that fulfill his needs for impact. We have a mini trampoline, we have a lot of ride-on toys, the sand box is good for him, rocking horses and plenty of jumping, jumping, jumping.

Matthew really has been repeating words after me. Its just kind of hard to understand him because he doesn't always say the last syllable in the word.

Johnny sitting on my mom's lap enjoying being cuddled.
Matthew, surprisingly, loves the water and goes down the slide all the time.
I think this is the theme of summer. Aquabazooka squirt wars. Notice the cool goggles.
Isn't it a little late to be modest Brooke? You're the one always taking your clothes off!
Fighting to see who is first up the slide. Three silly monkeys! Do you realize that I use about a 1/4 tube of sunscreen keeping these pale skinned kids pale?




No comments: