Monday, February 16, 2009

February blues

I cannot believe I've neglected this blog for sooooo long. Well, I can believe it, my life has been busy.

Lets see - Scott is working a bunch due to some criminals (they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law) who like to rob people of their prescription drugs and take all their valuables and then mess them up a bit. Thank you to those punks who give my husband job security.

John. I could write a novel about John. John doesn't want to take a nap. John has learned to crawl out of his crib. John will not stay in a time out area (without being restrained). John will throw anything in his area if hes not happy. John will spit at you. John will hit and kick (but not bite yet). John is having a sensory overload month.
Dear John, get enough sleep and you'll feel better and your attitude will be much sunnier.

The kids (Matthew instigates this) will dump all the lego pieces all over and throw them. Again, we have probably 7,000 or so pieces so this is really a lot of fun.

I have worked the past four Fridays and Saturdays at the YMCA. Now, I don't mind working some weekends, but not every Saturday. It doesn't give Scott or I a break. (Well, it gives me a break, but the kids really, really miss me and I miss them.)

Matthew and John had evaluations from Early Childhood Intervention through our school district and Matthew passed or failed the test (depends on how you look at it) and will qualify for some help. John refused to take any test and therefore failed in a lot of areas, but I'm not sure he failed enough to pass to get more help. They really can speak more than what they did that day. Matthew was not interested in talking, just playing. And John, he was kind of ornery. He was going to play what he wanted and no one better touch his things.

I brought up Jacob's predicament in Kindergarten. I blogged about this previously that Jacob's teacher mentioned that it might be a good idea to have Jacob repeat K. He is academically doing well, but his mind wanders in class. Also, socially he is more shy in school and introverted.

Having told the EC teachers this, we talked about Jacob for a 1/2 hour. They mentioned that since Jacob is doing well academically but emotionally a little immature and socially different. But only in the school situation, not on play dates, swim lessons with cousins. They all agreed that Jacob should not be held back. Another way of looking at it is that parochial schools tend to set the bar higher than public schools. So, I don't know... a lot of mulling this decision over and then realizing that its 6 months away and we've got a lot of time to see if Jacob makes any improvements.

I've been doing a lot of sewing and I'll have to post pictures of what I've made. I was able to help out Jacob's school with their Library. I can take books home and label them and then tape them and get them ready for the kids to check out. Its nice to be able to help in some way.

I signed Jacob up for swimming lessons again. He just love swimming and has really excelled this last session. The babies will have their first swimming lessons also. My sister Julie and Luann will be helping me out in the pool. I think the kids will just love their lessons.

I'm not a big fan of this almost three year old age. Its really wearing on me. I can't leave them along without having the pantry, kitchen and any other secure area raided. I think it will be much better when we can get outside and expend some energy that way.

Also, I took Jacob to the ER last night. He has croup. Its kind of rare that a 5 year old has croup, but he is a rare child. He doesn't like to take medicine and had a hard time getting his first dose down at the hospital. He threw it up on the cabinets and floors. And let me tell you, vomit does splatter. So I used my Crisis Response training that I received at the YMCA and secured the area and cleaned up the mess. Then we had to wait to get a shot instead. He is already feeling better today.


No comments: