Monday, March 2, 2009

One less ...

Do you think I'm talking about Gardasil? I'll cross that bridge when Brooke is 12 or something like that.

Actually I'm talking about my shopping trip with Brooke and John. They wanted to go out with me today. They kept saying "my turn!" and I promised if they took a nap that I'd take them somewhere.

So we went to Menard's to pick out new cabinet handles because ours have fallen off one-too-many times. And this was my second trip. I got polished silver and realized our hinges are a brushed brass? so those two didn't mix. So I took the 40 handles and 9 nobs back. I told the customer service lady right away that she wasn't going to be happy with me. But it only took 5 minutes and a temper tantrum by John to get the stuff returned.

So we get the stuff and go into the check out aisle. They see the Easter candy and just flip. They start screaming "num nums!" over and over. The pitch of their voices was almost freaky. So they got M & Ms. As the items came down that moving belt, John took the M & Ms out of the store bag and was trying to rip it open with his teeth. Yeah.

So Scott and I and the kids are in the middle of changing out the hardware. But the Bachelor has got all my attention...

And another weird thing. Last night I was looking on Craigslist for preschool tables or children's tables for the kids for their birthday. I forgot that on Craigslist they have the "Personals" site. Once awhile back I got curious and was reading the men seeking women, women seeking women, men seeking men site.

Obviously this site is not very regulated because as I was reading the titles, I noticed that there were pictures attached to some of the advertisements.

Do you see where this is going? Do you wonder why I went there?

So, I open up one that says Dom (?) man seeking 18 to 25 year old. O.k. What does Dom mean? It means dominator I find out as I read through the ad. I'll make this as clean as possible, but this what it said.

(Talking in first person) I want a slave to uhh, excite me but expect nothing in return. I want to watch you do my laundry, clean and wait on me. And then it had letters after it probably like SWF NIV stuff.
I don't know what it means, but it floors me that 1) its on craigslist 2) people post naked pictures of themselves and 3) they breathe the same air as the regular joes out there.

So this is soooo 8mm. I am so naive. Thats all I can say. And actually I think this guy is too. If he can't find a woman to do his laundry, clean and wait on him, he expects to find a man to do it? Now, I think he IS naive.



No comments: