Thursday, October 2, 2008

Looking back

Yep. We have a Christmas tree up. In October. My son Jacob really likes to celebrate holidays which I think he gets from Grandma Callaway. He always comes home from her house and then will ask me if we have Halloween lights or Easter bunny and egg decorations.

I decorate for one holiday - Christmas. And I barely do that with three active little ones around.

Tomorrow the triplets will be 2 1/2 years old. Really, the time went by so fast. Its sometimes hard to think of my babies being toddlers and seeing them grow so fast. I must admit that there are times when I think the clock actually went backward, but that's due to lack of sleep or crying.

I was reading someonelses blog about how they now get comments about their triplets and I totally hear where they are coming from. I think there are times when we are so proud to show our children off and have them admired, but there are times when we just want to be ourselves and try to live a private life.

I think as the kids get older, we'll get less comments about them being twins/triplets. Matthew is already taller and about 5 lbs heavier than Johnny. I'm sure as they enter school people will think I was just crazy and had one on top of the other. (Well, I actually did)

I think one of the interesting things is how the kids develop. They hear and see the same thing, are in the exact same environment, but react to things differently. Its a very cool thing to see.

I think parenting is tough - period. Leading by example, being consistent, keeping them safe, etc... its multitasking to the next level.

No comments: