Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Mission Statement



What??? Two posts in one day? Crazy!
"I got something to say, I r*ped your mother today, doesn't matter much to me as long as ..." (Had to though with a Metallica quote).

And totally unrelated to that is that I've been thinking about writing a mission statement. That I can live by, that defines who I am and who I want to be. Then, in a sermon, Pastor Ski from www.gotocore.com stole my thunder when he said he wrote his own personal mission statement about his faith and God. O.K. he probably prompted me to get my butt in gear and get 'er dun. (Bad grammar a part of the story)

My Mission Statement.

Let God's light within me shine.

By leading from example, helping others, living by the Golden Rule*.

As a parent I will raise nurturing, loving and independent children who will pay it forward.

As a spouse I will be loving and supportive.


Thats all I got so far. I want it to be simple and to the point. But I can get kinda long-winded, so I may just be done.

If you are reading this blog, write your own mission statement! If you feel bold, share it, if its more personal, keep it to yourself, but just live by it.

* Treat others as you would like to be treated

No comments: