Interestingly enough, this is blog #333. There are a lot of 3s in my life.
Born on the 3rd day of the month.
I have two nephews born on the 3rd day of the month.
I'm 33 1/2. :)
3 & 33 are lucky for me when I play roulette.
There is a website called Caringbridge. Its a way for parents and families to update their children's progress as they are in the hospital or recovering from surgery or illnesses.
On October 2nd I witnessed an accident. I found out later that a girl who is the same age as the triplets was critically injured in a freak accident. A PVC tube flew out of a truck and into a van
entering Payton's skull.
Payton and her family has been in my thoughts and prayers frequently. I check a couple of times a day to see if there are updates. Miraculously, Payton seems to be doing well. She needs to relearn to eat, swallow, speak, hold herself up. That doesn't mean that it won't be a long road ahead of them as they don't know what damage Payton has suffered.
Which brings me to the monthly theme of thankfulness.
*I am so thankful for the caring staff who take care of our children.
* I am thankful that when tragedy strikes, people come together to give support and help when they can.
* I am thankful for our Armed Forces who defend our country with their lives.
* I am thankful for my cat Cosmo.
And speaking of Cosmo Kitty, she gained weight this year at her annual. Her annual required a few shots, but it didn't require any internal checks. (Lucky kitty!)
The vet, who was new... told me that I needed to exercise Cosmo three times a week. Starting for one minute a time and then working up to 10 minutes.
Why this is ludicrous.
1) I don't have time to exercise and now I have to take the time to exercise a cat?
2) She's 8 1/2 and her idea of exercise is running to get her food.
3) I have four children.
4) They are lucky to get their teeth brushed and get socks put on each day.
5) Isn't there a magic kitty pill to slim her down?
Cosmo forgave me quickly and let me pet her. She now brings up her fuzzy ball on string to me so we can play for however long she wants to play.